March 25, 2013
OK, so the word is out! We have new, exciting products to share!! We sent an email to our customers last week giving them the heads up about what is going to be released and they seem so delighted that they are spreading the news ahead of us. Hard to be mad when we’re glad!
We have two new products, the Forté – a commercial grade, dual-function grinder, capable of grinding by weight AND time, plus a new Removable Hopper. Both products will be launched at the SCAA in Boston in April. Here are some of the details. If you are going to SCAA in Boston, be sure to stop by our booth #1136 so you can see these products for yourself!
Many of our café/roaster customers have been using the Vario-W for the past 1-2 years and love it. It has proven itself to be an incredible work horse in the brew bar setting with accurate, durable,and consistent grinding, producing coffees with great flavor. However, we’ve also had requests for something ‘beefier’ and more commercial. Kyle kicked his creative juices into gear and designed an incredible, innovative multi-functioning grinder that is solid. We’re very excited about this new addition to our grinder line-up and feel that it will answer the needs of café, roasters, and coffee geeks. Below is a teaser.
- A new DC motor with 70% more power than the current Vario and with twice the duty cycle (>50% run time)
- All metal enclosure
- All metal grinding chamber
- New graphic touch-screen user interface
- Integrated Weight and Time based grinding
- Auto-dosing feature that converts weight to grind time, automatically, to allow precise direct grinding to portafilter
- New belt drive system (to handle the additional power)
- Metal detents for positive feel and setting of grind
- New bean hopper with 20% greater capacity and bean shutoff feature
- It will be available for general release in July, 2013 and can be purchased with your choice of burr – Ceramic MSRP $950 or Metal MSRP $970
New Removable Hopper
In the process of talking to café operators about the Forté, it became clear that we needed to offer a hopper that could be removed, while beans were still in it. So that’s what Kyle came up with. It’s incredibly cool and functional!
- Built-in bean stopper to allow hopper removal with beans in it.
- Backward compatible to Vario/Vario-W and (with minor modification) to all Baratza conical burr grinders
- Accepts Baratza hopper extender
- Dimensions 5.25″ Diameter X 5.25″ high
- Capacity 300 grams/10 ounces
- Available July 2013 for MSRP $35