History of Baratza
Since its inception in 1999, Baratza has offered high-quality, state-of-the-art grinders for those who care about making the best coffees. Created by the dynamic team of Kyle Anderson and Kyra Kennedy, Baratza quickly become known as the company to turn to for innovation, quality, and consistency.
Our Company Goals:
- Support the Specialty Coffee Community: Our customers in the Specialty Coffee Community are knowledgeable and passionate about coffee, interested in learning and improving, and care about more than just the bottom line. We are proud to provide them with the innovative, quality grinders that continue to meet their needs.
- Continue to innovate and improve with every product. We are always striving to improve upon our products and services. Our innovations include:
- Macro/micro grind adjust system for fast and repeatable adjustment
- Portaholder to grind hands-free into a portafilter
- Baratza’s unique Grind by Weight System
- Provide excellent customer service: Our customers buy grinders so they can grind coffee fresh before they brew. This cannot happen if their grinder stops working. So, how do we get a working grinder in the hands of our customers with a problem as quickly as possible? We do this by offering:
- A quick and easy warranty–we will solve an issue over the phone or get you a working grinder quickly
- Easy-to-use trouble shooting guide
- Parts and instructions to fix your own grinders
|1999||Baratza was born|
|2001||Maestro developed and introduced|
|2003||Maestro Plus developed and introduced|
|2005||Virtuoso introduced, the first conical burrs grinders branded with the Baratza name.
Maestro and Maestro Plus updated
|2007||Upgraded the Maestro and Maestro Plus.|
|2008||Introduced the Vario, a light commercial grinder with flat ceramic burrs and micro/macro adjustment.|
|2010||Introduced the Preciso, a conical burr grinder with macro/micro adjustment.|
|2011||Began to offer our unique weight-based grinding with the Esatto and Vario-W.|
|2011||Awarded SCAA Best New Products for both the Esatto and Vario-W.|
|2013||Awarded SCAA Best New Product (Commercial) for the Forté grinder.|
|2016||Introduction of Sette Series – Sette 270 grinds by time, Sette 270W grinds by weight. Revolutionary burr mechanism with rotating ring burr and fixed cone burr. Features: straight thru grinding, minimized grinds retention, incredible speeds for a home grinder. Plus, grind by weight into a portafilter.
Sette 270W Awarded Best New Product for Consumer Coffee or Tea Preparation and Serving Equipment (Electrical) from SCAA