Baratza, the leading designer and manufacturer of innovative, precision burr coffee grinders for the home, is looking to hire a new customer support/operations person for our headquarters in Bellevue, WA.
The Baratza operations and customer support team is known for exceptional customer support, troubleshooting and fixing grinders both over the phone and via email so that our customers have minimal downtime between a broken grinder and brewing great coffee. Getting orders for new grinders, refurbs, or parts out the door quickly is also critical to our customer service. We are searching for a dedicated team player, with knowledge of brewing coffee, solid verbal and written communication skills, and mechanical aptitude to join our small but awesome operations team. You HAVE to love to help people to be successful in this role!
Key duties include:
- Provide exceptional technical support by phone and email for wholesale and retail customers. Other aspects of the role may include invoicing and credits in Quickbooks, pulling and shipping parts and grinder orders, plus service and refurb grinders.
- Enjoy working with people, including over the phone.
- Ability to build positive relationships with team members/coworkers
- Ability to be patient and positive with frustrated, (and sometimes) annoyed customers.
- Proven customer support experience.
- Demonstrated interest and knowledge in the Specialty Coffee industry, especially grinding and brewing coffee.
- Ability to connect with people for where they are in their coffee/grinder knowledge
- Detail-oriented and logical approach to problem-solving.
- Flexible, with the ability to handle multiple commitments, prioritize and manage time efficiently with minimal guidance.
- self-motivated with the internal drive and motivation to begin and continue tasks without external prodding or extra rewards or supervision.
- Mechanical ability, to service and refurb grinders
- Good typist with excellent written communication skills
- Interest and proficiency in modern technology/computers would be a plus
- Ability to sit at a computer or on the phone for long stretches.
- Can work in close quarters with others.
- The work is mainly in an office and warehouse.
This is a full time hourly position with health insurance, paid time off, tuition reimbursement and a 401k plan.
Please write and tell us why you think you’d be the person we want to join our small team to support our fast growing customer base. Please enclose an up to date resume detailing your wonderful skills, talents and experience. Email to Diane@Baratza.com
Want to hear a little bit more?
Over the past 20 years and throughout 60 countries, Baratza grinders have grown to be the darling of baristas and non-professional coffee aficionados. Our support team has kept an unwavering focus on the simple pleasure of providing human, people-oriented support which in turn creates and maintains valuable connections with customers at all places on their coffee journeys. As a member of our support team, you’ll be connected not only with our customers, but the entire Operations Team in Bellevue and Baratza’s Marketing and International teams in California as well.
In our search for support team members, we seek individuals who embody our values of being people-oriented, detailed and reliable. As someone who is actively making connections, providing support with an eagerness to not only fix the problem but also delight the customer will be key. Your capability to come forth with grounded confidence and a genuine curiosity will be the recipe for satisfied and happy customers.
About the role
Here at Baratza we wear many hats; You will join our seasoned staff in coordinating a plan each morning to ensure we provide top-notch support as a team, yet find the time to take care of other responsibilities they’ve grown into. Your role will largely be taking care of current customers via telephone as well as email. Getting to the root of a potential grinder problem generally takes the shape of deductive reasoning; usually centered around the mechanical aspects of the grinder but can also branch out to brewing coffee or helping with an order placed on our website.
You’ll become a Baratza expert both in pinpointing mechanical issues and working through the nuances of brewing, while having plenty of opportunities to perfect the art of customer support. We will help you grow your style of customer care in a Baratza way, not with strict rules and policies but through an ongoing conversation with your team and weekly guidance from your manager.
Where and when?
This is a full-time position at our Bellevue office. You enjoy working with a close team that has great planning conversations to best collaborate around getting a variety of tasks done.
This job is Monday-Friday, 7a-4pm.
- You are detail oriented
- You aren’t shy about exploring possibilities for improvement and take ownership to see things through to completion.
- You are able to take ownership of multiple commitments and maintain a high level of communication with the commitment stakeholders.
- You find learning fun, have a self-driven curiosity, and enjoy pairing those together to fix customers in a delightful and refreshing way
- You are well spoken in English and comfortable with typing professional emails
- Your excellent social skills enable you to show respect and value for the skills, experiences, creativity, and contributions of other team members.
- You can communicate a technical issue via phone or email without the jargon
Benefits beginning within 30 days
- Medical, dental, vision insurance - We provide employee insurance at no cost to you
- Personal time off- 15 days of paid personal time off is accrued over a year of full time work
After 1 year
- 401k with employer match