How we collect your data
When ordering grinders, parts or repairs on our site, or when contacting us for grinder support, you may be asked to give us your name, email address, mailing address, phone number, credit card information or other details to help you with your experience.
When do we collect your data
We collect information from you when you place an order, fill out a form or enter information on our site, or when you call us for support or a service.
Third-Party Payment Processing
How do we use the information we get from you?
We may use the information we collect from you when you make a purchase for goods or a service, sign up for our newsletter, respond to a survey or marketing communication, surf the website, or use certain other site features in the following ways:
- To allow us to better service you in responding to your customer service requests.
- To quickly process your transactions.
- To follow up with you after correspondence (email or phone inquiries)
How we protect your personal information
Our website is scanned on a regular basis for security holes and known vulnerabilities in order to make your visit to our site as safe as possible.
We use regular Malware Scanning.
Your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. In addition, all sensitive/credit information you supply is encrypted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology or PayPal secure handling protocols.
We implement a variety of security measures when a user places an order, enters, submits, or accesses their information to maintain the safety of your personal information.
All payment transactions are processed through a gateway provider and are not stored or processed on our servers.
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your Personally Identifiable Information unless we provide users with advance notice. This does not include website hosting partners and other parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or serving our users, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release information when it's release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others' rights, property or safety.
This website contain links to third-party websites. Clicking on those links may enable third parties to collect or share your personal information. Linked websites are not under Baratza’s control, and, to the extent permitted by law, Baratza is not responsible for their privacy policies. Use of these sites is at your own risk.
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) (EU) 2016/679 is a regulation in EU law on data protection and privacy for all individuals within the European Union. It also addresses the export of personal data outside the EU.
To be in accordance with GDPR, we agree to the following:
- Any user can contact us to change what data we store about them by emailing email@example.com.
- While we do utilize Google Analytics to track site visits and marketing performance, we don’t save any IP addresses from visits to our website.
- We do not use this information, or any other, to make automated decisions.
- We use your email (when you provide it) to send you communications and you can opt out at any time.
- We use shipping information to send you grinders, parts, or repairs that have either been ordered, donated, or gifted to you.
California Online Privacy Protection Act
According to CalOPPA, we agree to the following:
- It's also important to note that we allow third-party behavioral tracking
COPPA (Children Online Privacy Protection Act)
When it comes to the collection of personal information from children under the age of 13 years old, the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) puts parents in control. The Federal Trade Commission, United States' consumer protection agency, enforces the COPPA Rule, which spells out what operators of websites and online services must do to protect children's privacy and safety online.
We do not specifically market to children under the age of 13 years old.
CAN SPAM Act
The CAN-SPAM Act is a law that sets the rules for commercial email, establishes requirements for commercial messages, gives recipients the right to have emails stopped from being sent to them, and spells out tough penalties for violations.
We collect your email address (when properly disclosed) in order to:
- Send information, respond to inquiries, and/or other requests or questions
- Process orders and to send information and updates pertaining to orders.
- Send you additional information related to your grinder and/or service
- Keep customers updated on inventory and product, service, or company information
To be in accordance with CANSPAM, we agree to the following:
- Not use false or misleading subjects or email addresses.
- Identify the message as an advertisement in some reasonable way.
- Include the physical address of our business or site headquarters.
- Monitor third-party email marketing services for compliance, if one is used.
- Honor opt-out/unsubscribe requests quickly.
- Allow users to unsubscribe by using the link at the bottom of each email.
1940 124th Ave NE
Bellevue, WA 98005