Baratza at SCAA 2014 – BOOTH 10041
April 15th, 2014 By admin | Comments: no responses
Baratza at SCAA 2014 – BOOTH 10041
We are in the final countdown to The Event of #SCAA2014. We’ll be in our hometown of Seattle for this 26th Specialty Coffee Association of America Expo – Score! It’s going to be a hugely exciting few days of connecting with our customers and the specialty coffee community – in our booth, at parties, at competitions, in classes and all over town! It feels like we will be everywhere this year! To give you some tips on where you can find us and our grinders, we’ve gathered what we know, so far! Be sure to stop by the booth to say hello! See you soon!
Where we’ll be:
All day, every day – Booth 10041 – Kyra Kennedy and Kyle Anderson, Baratza co-owners will be in the booth, as well as Joyce Klassen (Marketing) and Sarah Dooley (Education), plus a rotation of Colin Francois, Pierce Jens and Greg Girton from our support team! Come and check out our complete line up of our grinders – home and commercial.
In our own booth we’ll have the ‘Forté Tasters Choice’ a daily espresso tasting opportunity by Sarah Dooley featuring the Forté BG and AP. In the last few months we’ve been doing a lot if internal testing with the BG for espresso and we have to say – we LIKE it! Flavors are coming out really sweet and clean. Sarah Dooley is scheduled to do daily tastings (1-2 pm) using the LaMarzocco GS/3. Come taste and see which you prefer!
We will also have Bill Crossland with the brand new Crossland Brewer (hush hush!) on booth doing demos. Don’t miss seeing this! .
BrewBar in our booth – come taste great coffee from a rotation of wonderful roasters, including Ladro, Slate, Stumptown and Chromatic.
Skybridge Café – We’re partnering again this year with our friends from LaMarzocco, Kalita USA, Marco, and Prima to provide espresso and coffee service. A select group of roasters will be delighting you with delicious coffees throughout the day. The café will have a focus on the home brew experience with La Marzocco planning to offer a hands-on experience on their GS/3s on one side of the cafe, while coffee is prepared and served on the other. We will have a couple of Forté BGs on the Brew Bar and a Forté AP with a GS/3, if you’d like to try it out there!
Slate Coffee Roasters – Guest Café – at Expo entrance
Slate Coffee, winners of the 2013 America’s Best Coffee House have been invited by SCAA to host the Guest Café, at the entrance to the show. The Slate team will be sharing their coffees and will have Virtuoso/Esatto combos plus Forté–BG’s on bar, so you can see how the grinders work in a busy bar setting!
In addition, you can see Forte grinders in the booths of:
• Curtis booth (right opposite our booth!)
• La Marzocco
• Café Imports
• Blossom, at the UNIC booth
• National Barista, Brewers Cup and Cup Tasters Competitions
• Thursday night, after the Opening Ceremonies – The NWTNT series has organized another brilliant event – yes there will be a grinder to be won!
• US National Aeropress Championship, happening on Friday at the Stumptown Roastery
• Java Jog – Saturday morning to support Women in the Congo
• Thursday – we co-host the ‘Made in Seattle’ party at Von Trapp. Come one, come all!
• Friday – join us on the Java Jog for a Cause, the monies raised will go to support women’s coffee groups in Eastern Congo, South Lake Kivu region. We may not be actually jogging – but walking yes! Join us for chat and connection.
• Saturday – we co-host a party at Kuma Coffee’s Roastery
Need help finding all the booths and events? Download the SCAA App or follow Joyce on Twitter @bartazatalk
See you next week!!
Prev Post: Forté-BG on Bar at TED2014 » Next Post: Rimini Italy – World Coffee Event 2014 »